Today I’m featuring a special guest on the blog, who’s no stranger to the kitchen, my husband, Nasser. If Nasser were trapped on an island and could only eat one food, it would be hummus. Born in the Middle East, he can literally eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Over the years, Nasser has perfected his hummus recipe and it now brings joy to all those who’ve tried it, including neighbours, co-workers, friends and family. A quick, simple, and nutritious dip, Nasser is excited to share his favourite recipe with you.
This is one of the simplest recipes you’ll ever make. With the press of one button, you’ll have fresh hummus in no time! A food processor works best.
“The secret ingredient to this hummus is the cumin. Years ago, I picked up this tip at a potluck from a Syrian friend. It adds the perfect dimension to this dip.” – Nasser
Nasser's Classic Hummus
- 1 can 540ml (19oz) chickpeas, no-salt added
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, skins removed
- 1/8 tsp cumin, dried
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional: parsley, paprika, and extra-virgin olive oil for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, paprika, and extra-virgin olive oil if desired.
Per 30ml (2 Tbsp) serving: 80 kcal, 6g fat (0.9g saturated), 5.5 carbohydrates (1.3g fibre), 2.2g protein, 114mg sodium